Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Speaking of Structure...

In my last post I mentioned that for me structure allows for more freedom. I have certainly been lacking structure since we've been crashing with my family. I've felt a lot lost without it and have committed to have August be all about the structure of my life.

Guess what? That also applies to the blog. Yep. LITTOF has lacked structure. I've been posting when I feel like I have something to say, rather than sticking to a structure and just writing what is there for me in that moment. I've always worked better on a deadline. So here we go.

At the minimum, there will be new LITTOF posts on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.

MONDAYS will be open-ended. I will be writing about whatever is there for me/us. Like always.

WEDNESDAYS will be regular posts from my mom, the Realtor. We're not sure what we'll be calling her guest blogs. Perhaps simply "Mom the Realtor." Mom will be writing from her perspective as a Mom and as a Realtor. As a mom/Realtor who watched her daughter lose her house. As a Realtor for 30 some years who is constantly re-inventing herself. So... here's where we need some input.

WHAT would you like to hear from my mom? What kind of questions do you have for her? Either post them in the comment section or please e-mail them to: loveinthetimeofforeclosure@gmail.com

FRIDAYS will be dedicated to links and stories around the web related to LOVE & FORECLOSURE... pretty broad topics, actually. It's an effort to share my research and stories/websites/blogs I find interesting.

So that's the minimum. I'm committed to continuing to write as honestly as I have been about our situation. We continue to be on a roller coaster ride. Thankfully there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. The island. And... that is a happy ending.

Which leads me to the final note. "A Foreclosure with a Happy Ending" is a story that Dennis Rodkin from Chicago Magazine's "Deal Estate" blog has written about us. It's up on their site today. You can see it here.

Okay. Please let us know what you'd like to hear from my mom in her new weekly guest posts. And as always, send me your questions/thoughts/suggestions.

How have you found freedom in structure?

6 Comments:

Jessica said...

BTW, nice picture with the article. It's funny to see you. ;) Glad things are going so well.

Love in the Time of Foreclosure said...

Thanks! I guess that is the first time we've shown our faces, huh?

Gabrielle said...

Looking forward to reading what your mom has to say. Here are some things I'd love to hear about from her:

- how do you know when it's smarter to buy another house vs. fixing up or remodeling what you've got?
- what is involved when you are in the process of selling your current place and buying another? Things like bridge loans, tax implications, etc.
- what should i look for in a realtor? our realtor was my MIL - but she retired! I have no idea what we'll do when we need to find another!
- what is really involved in refinancing? what should a person with limited knowledge look out for? I am completely ignorant when it comes to closing costs, points, etc. associated with refinancing.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to ask your mother where she sees the housing market headed in the short/long term. The markets seem frozen to me right now. Too many homes for sale at sky high prices and sellers are trying to hold on.

Jo in NZ said...

I'd like to ask your mum about doing real estate business in a "spiritual" way. Not sure that's the right word, but cannot think of another! What I mean is this:

So many real estate transactions I have been involved in (as both buyer and seller) have been anchored in "business" or "profit" or "commission". I appreciate that realtors have to earn a living and am happy to pay a commission to someone who successfully sells my home.

But how do I filter out the puff and the patter? What are the signs I should look for which tell me that a realtor is truly out for my best interests, and not just his/her own sales target?

I hope I have explained this sufficiently!

Jo in New Zealand

Love in the Time of Foreclosure said...

My mom has been loving all of your comments, thoughts and questions. She's really excited! Thanks for asking. And keep them coming!

-Steph

Post a Comment

You're about to leave a comment. Thank you! When leaving your comment, please keep in mind that Love in the Time of Foreclosure is about love, positivity and helping people experiencing financial crisis. So, keep it constructive, please. Comments will be moderated and any comment that is clearly and intentionally mean-spirited will be deleted.

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...