Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

The Governator Responds... canned-ly

Back in March I wrote to the Governor of California to ask for help in qualifying for the Housing Affordability and Stability plan. We were getting nowhere with Countrywide and I just began reaching out wherever I could. I sent him and e-mail and also called his office. The phone call was surprisingly successful and I blogged about that HERE.

I'd forgotten about the e-mail until a few days ago when I finally received a response. It's not that I expected more, it's just that... well, it's so unsatisfying. The canned message doesn't even come close to addressing our specific issue. I didn't make any 'suggestions' to the Governor. I asked for help. Please, Governor, help us save our house! And this e-mail is what came back in response:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate hearing suggestions from my fellow Californians on how we can improve our state.

California's future success depends on public leaders who welcome the contributions of the people. Adding your voice to this active and dynamic partnership is vital to the growth of our great state.

I also applaud your willingness to become involved in the issues facing California and encourage you to also contact the State Legislature with your suggestions and ideas. Contact information for your elected representatives, as well as information on Assembly and Senate legislation, can be found at the Official California Legislative Information website: www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I value the input of people who care about the future of California.

Sincerely,



Arnold Schwarzenegger


I'm not naive. I know this is all a Governor can do. Send a canned response. Maybe if I hand wrote my letter and sent it to his office it would have more effect. Maybe not. Probably not. I don't know. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

You're about to leave a comment. Thank you! When leaving your comment, please keep in mind that Love in the Time of Foreclosure is about love, positivity and helping people experiencing financial crisis. So, keep it constructive, please. Comments will be moderated and any comment that is clearly and intentionally mean-spirited will be deleted.

Share

Widgets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...